Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You TG people are too funny, when I talked to you the past 2 years all I heard was how great SL was as a coach. Now he leaves and the coach means nothing. Why would you not consider leaving.If you are one of the top players then why not , if SL is running year round practices that will surely help your daughter develop as a player and if she is that good college coaches will take notice. If you are on the back half of the team or on purple why not go and check out the tryouts possibly moving up to one of the top players at legacy and being coached every week by SL will improve your chances of being noticed.Yes my daughter will at least see what its all about at the tryout.

Conversely, it may be better for those girls to stay. If SL is going to take the top half of the roster (which I wouldn't be so sure about), the kids on the bottom half would be better off staying and moving up the depth chart. Why follow the other girls and wind up in the same situation as before? The Top purple could then move up to black.

My daughter is on TG Black. She's pretty much a girl on the middle of the roster. Which way to go is a difficult decision for us. My daughter had a great time this season and we had a successful year. The question is, is it because of the coach or is he a product of having a talented roster? You can go to tryouts and see who shows up and try to make a decision from there, but who's there won't tell the whole story. SL has been giving private evaluations/tryouts to players from TG as well as other clubs, so what you see on Saturday isn't necessarily what you get. I wish these organizations would post a proposed roster for all to see.

90 percent of the time its the girls and not the coach