Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree 91 was very well run this year and the coaching was top notch. They might not be as talented as some other clubs but they are definitely moving in the right direction. Interested to see where this program will be in the next few years with the Spallinas and all the high school varsity coaches involved. Say what you want about how much of a family Elevate has become but when push comes to shove the CSH kids come first as do the Manhasset kids at Liberty. Also Elevate is starting to price themselves out of many communities just look at how expensive their camps are double the price of what Top Gun offers.

True about the lack of talent at 91, that is obvious if you ever watch them. Sounds like it's being run better though. My daughters Elevate team had 2 CSH kids which is less than 10% so I wouldn't say that is a lot.

Lack of talent is clearly an issue with 91. MOST not ALL but most of their teams (80% or so) do not play in any competitive tournaments. They play mostly in tournaments on LI and dont fare too well. They do not go to National Draw, Lax for Cure, etc. like YJ, TG, Elevate, etc. and play teams like M&D, Skywalkers, etc. Most 91 teams are not exposed to high level competition. I would think the fact that they play in low level tournaments and play B level teams and do not fare well, makes them a C Team. Again, this for MOST of their age groups.

Saw their 2018 team play this summer. They were just not competitive at any level against teams that were not very good. My friends daughter said going to some of the tournaments was absolute torture. She and a few other girls will not be going back.