Originally Posted by Anonymous
After 5-6 years of shelling out money (and making these dream sellers very comfortable), have any of you saved for the 40-50K per year you will be shelling to have your kid attend a private university (I am being optimistic that they get a 5-10K scholarship for each of 4 years)?

The answer is NO, because I know many of you.

You have been funding perhaps the most vain of all pursuits- bragging rights that your kid plays in college. It's sad on the one hand- but I would hope at some point, some of you see it as a chance for self reflection. You gave up your child's summers, so you could crow. You literally stole their childhood. You weren't helping them live their dreams- you were feeding your ego.

I hope that bumper sticker was worth it.

Aside, you will be shocked to see how many of your little studs end their college career early due to a "career ending" injury. Many of them can't wait to end it without you in sight.

Great post . Some people don’t like to hear the truth. I think lacrosse scholarships wont be around in the future. They are really not anyway with 50 kids on a college roster and only 12 full scholarships. The university's will take a big step back after the covid clears for non-revenue sports .

LOL. Did it ever occur to you that our kids want to play lacrosse? We would have no problem whatsoever if they said we don't want to play anymore. After season ends the question is do YOU want to play lacrosse next year? If so here are the tryout dates.

I'm guessing you didn't actually have any talent in sports growing up because if you did you would know there is not a whole lot of things you would rather be doing. Me and my friends spent every free minute driving town to town trying to find basketball games. Organized sports kept us out of trouble and we had coaches making sure our grades didn't slip. Went on road trips out of town that I am 100% sure wouldn't have happened with the family. Parents didn't go on the trips back then, just the team.

Who is stealing their summer? Kids sleep in until noon unless we wake them up to go to the beach which they don't want to do after around 8 years old. Are you delusional enough to think that everyone is rich and spends their summer jetting around the world on vacation in July and August? Oh I can't spend the month of July in Dubai this year !!!!!!!!!!!! Wretched lacrosse!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really nutjob? There really isn't that much lacrosse that it ruins your whole summer.

Do you even have a kid who plays? Sounds like no. And no I have no dreams of my kids getting a college scholarship but I would rather them spending time doing something THEY WANT to do then riding in the streets doing pop a wheelies at cars.

Wow your post so borning. We know you have alot of time on your hands .

Glad you spent your limited time reading it. You can go back to saving the world with every waking moment of your life now hotshot.