Originally Posted by Anonymous
TEAM 91 just sent out an e-mail to all the players saying they plan on doing a full season this summer, that is disgusting! There are still 100's of new Covid cases a day, people are still passing away from this disease daily and they are worried about saving there season so they can hold try outs next year and collect more $. Do they not realize how many people lost there jobs and can't afford this. I am all for lacrosse and have been involved in travel sports for the past decade, this is just pathetic. They would put our children at risk for this and they don't care. Are we going to throw a full shield on these youngsters helmets and then send them out on the field in August in 100 degree temperature and have them pass out? Kids will be dropping like flies from heat related illnesses. You cant do that, this is just a money hungry organization that even sold t-shirts for profit during this pandemic. I have been with TEAM 91 for 8 years now and this is unbelievable. How about you take your waiver away, are you afraid of getting sued after a child gets sick? You say you are all about the kids, then be about the kids and let's make sure they stay healthy!

2 things....and I detest to be that guy, but you have made it too easy:
1- *their
2- Will you be the first to sign up for tryouts?

Not to pile on, but 100 degree weather would kill the virus! That's a good thing

Welcome to the fray Dr. Fauci!

I want to be sure I understand some positions here

- The governor has set very clear criteria for reopening. As of now, if numbers continue to trend in the direction they are, Phase 4 reopening, which includes sports, would be around July 9th.

- Heat aside, I see 3 tournaments already scheduled with fields booked. Usage is based on entering Phase 4 reopening.

If the criteria say Lacrosse can be played in July and August are some of you believing that you being scared warrants the club refunding you money? I dont know what we will do at this time but the hope of having some lax makes my boys happy. My club continues to communicate and is following state and local government guidance and are hopeful to have a summer offering.

Side note and known 91 fact: If it is too hot 91 Wolfpack wont be playing so maybe they should start looking for refunds.

Not to be combative (and I agree with majority of what you wrote) -- let's say you get 3 or 4 tournaments in from mid-July thru August. Do you feel that is comparable to what you paid for in your tuition package that was supposed to run from March - July? What about all the practice time lost? As nice as zoom sessions and instructional videos are, they are not a replacement for the value of hands-on coaching. And what if you were planning on a 5, 6 or 7 tournament season from Spring - Summer?

If safe to do so, I'm all for getting the season rolling. However, squeezing 3 or 4 tournaments over a 6 week period is not sufficient to not warrant some sort of credit to roll into next season. That is my opinion

Fair points. We didn't lose too many club practices but did lose the whole Town season....which was fully refunded. If things open after July 4th we would have lost a few practices. No more than we likely would have lost due to the usual weather this time of year. In fall, when we lost a tourney to weather, our club found us a new one. The club we left a few years ago didnt. No one went to court over it. Does weather rescheduling happen for everyone? Do you lose a certain bit of every season to weather? I can say the 7 tournaments being paid for is not what we have so I would probably look at that different. Would hope the club would as well since Im pretty sure tournaments ARE refunding and SHOULD be since all they did was pay to hold a field which the renter cant provide so will be refunding to tournament directors. I get that its hard times. Hold out hope the boys can do something they love and be a parent. If its not safe in your eyes dont put them out there. More important, try to teach them to be good people because the world needs this generation to make change!