Originally Posted by Anonymous
After 5-6 years of shelling out money (and making these dream sellers very comfortable), have any of you saved for the 40-50K per year you will be shelling to have your kid attend a private university (I am being optimistic that they get a 5-10K scholarship for each of 4 years)?

The answer is NO, because I know many of you.

You have been funding perhaps the most vain of all pursuits- bragging rights that your kid plays in college. It's sad on the one hand- but I would hope at some point, some of you see it as a chance for self reflection. You gave up your child's summers, so you could crow. You literally stole their childhood. You weren't helping them live their dreams- you were feeding your ego.

I hope that bumper sticker was worth it.

Aside, you will be shocked to see how many of your little studs end their college career early due to a "career ending" injury. Many of them can't wait to end it without you in sight.

Great post . Some people don’t like to hear the truth. I think lacrosse scholarships wont be around in the future. They are really not anyway with 50 kids on a college roster and only 12 full scholarships. The university's will take a big step back after the covid clears for non-revenue sports .