Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sure they did !!! BS. No clubs are asking for additional fees.

I'm so tired of people saying "I call BS on this" !!!!!
Please don't make people post an email on here that was meant only for players/parents of one club. A girls club in Maryland ABSOLUTELY asked for money for summer dues. Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it didn't happen. It did. Maybe some other clubs have already collected fees for the summer so they don't have to ask for $$ right now - who knows. The point is people have paid their clubs for a spring season that has not happened - so the clubs are already in possession of spring fees - for girls around Maryland that is between $450 - $650 depending on your club. Some clubs in Maryland may already be in possession of summer dues/fees which is another $550-$800 depending on your club & the tournaments you play in. Some clubs that have not already billed for summer are doing so now and asking parents to fork over another $500-$800 for a season that most likely will not happen. People are rightfully hesitating on paying them. I think people's position is not that they don't want to pay their fees or want the club out any money. It's that they've already paid for spring and have gotten nothing and do not want to pay for summer and get nothing again. A poster said when you accept your position on the club team you agree to pay for a year's term. Well no one would agree to paying for 12 months of club but only getting 6 months of actual lacrosse. That is the silliest thing I've heard. I know that soccer and baseball are in the same situation and it stinks. I've heard the argument that clubs are collecting money now for this summer or have already collected it for this summer and don't want to refund it because it is used for next year's tournaments. Right now no clubs are paying for field rentals or officiating. No tournaments are either. There's administrative costs. If tournaments won't refund the money but are willing to apply it to next year's (2021) tournament then there is no need for clubs to have to put out money for next year. It's already paid. See why parents are hesitant to hand over more money or are asking for at least partial refunds back ???!!!

Maybe this will be a good lesson for all. If you are robbing Peter to pay Paul something needs to change.

I personally do not want a full refund and most people probably don't either - that's absurd. I don't even mind that the money I paid for spring may be credited to next year's dues. But I do not want to pay any more money until there is some clarification of what will happen this summer. And I don't think that's unreasonable