Scary reading this post...and listening to some of the logic out there.

my kid plays for an expensive club - it stunk when they charged us during the pandemic for nothing. But, now he's had practice daily for 3 straight weeks. So, at least i don't feel like i was totally suckered. He's got no other structured activities this summer (nor has he for the past 4 months), so it's been great. Matter of fact, i am glad he has organized sports rather than video games.

What's the end game here?
- do all of the commentators really feel like travel lacrosse is solely for the college recruiting exposure and scholarships (LOL)
- does everyone realize this is 100% voluntary, and you are not required to partake in all of these hysterics? PAL and school sports will return.
- if you cannot pay or don't want to... then don't do it. But, why come on here and bash everyone else or make them feel bad for giving their kid some normalcy during the worst 6 months of their lives?

This is a business. Do not forget it. Clubs will get paid to run tournaments, train kids, organize clinics and cater to parents. I don't fault the teams for trying to do business... there are no tricks going on. I actually think they have been very upfront about that.

Now, for the teams and coaches that took money, paused their operational model saying they cannot train, but then charged for small group training....that's another story.