Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So what do you cheery gentlemen think of the DE Sports Complex? 12 turf fields, many of which have lights for night games! I am so looking forward to an August tournament there!

... oh, wait. I am so irresponsible. Having 20 kids in helmets, face masks, mouthpieces, gloves, playing in fresh air and sunlight, with tons of UV rays, this is a major risk. As opposed to tens of thousands of adults packed closely together with no masks on... because they are protesting a good cause. (You can substitute the Republican Convention for the protestors, if that makes you feel better! This is apolitical!)

Bottom line is this. The curve was flattened, which we were told was the goal when this all started. There were projections that 40% or more of the country would eventually get it, so the strategy was to at least slow it down so that the hospitals weren’t overrun like they were in Italy. This was already accomplished, especially for New Yorkers. Stopping boys lacrosse will have virtually zero effect on the spread of COVID-19. Look at the WHO transmission data for youths..

If people want to stay home, then do it. If people want to RESPONSIBLY partake in kids sports tournaments, then they can do it. This is freaking America. If you are too big a IAmInSecure to wear a face cover in in 90 degree weather, then stay home. Who cares about face offs..

Okay, have a great time...

Why would I drive to Delaware when coaches can’t recruit? The only reason these tournaments are still being held is so clubs can keep their money. Wake up!! And what about the FOGOs? Do they get refunds? Big mess!!

so wait, based on this logic - why bother playing sports unless there is a recruiter there? Wow... talk about some flawed thinking.