Originally Posted by Anonymous
This absolutely take the prize- in their desperation to show value provided (ie avoid giving refunds or credit towards next year) Top Guns (Girls) "host" hame in Hecksher state park last night. Like the lemmings that we are, we all run there- only to be told that we need to stay in our cars and can't watch. So these directors have us rush out to an unsanctioned (and therefore unlikely uninsured) game at a state park, infested by mosquitoes (with warning signs of West Nile virus abound) only to not even be able to watch our kids play. But remember as these directors all tell us "It's all about the kids. Kids just want to play". We are selfish for wanting to watch.

My daughter played in one of those games last night, and was quite happy to do so. I asked her if it was weird playing without parents watching from the sidelines and she said she didn't even notice, and didn't care. She was focused on what was happening on the field. It was a bummer not being able to watch, but on the other hand it was great that she got to play, and I didn't have to miss work and travel out of state just to play against another Long Island team.