In think its great that kids get to play, and locally. That goes without saying. I think to do so in a mosquito invested park (West Nile warning signs as you entered), and probably uninsured, was a bit reckless.

But the larger issue is that the "games" last night were about Director's trying show some value provided for the money parents have already shelled out to them, and building the case that they don't owe anything back to them. It was not done out of the kindness or their hearts, or for "the love of the game". Grant me that these were not their singular motivation.

I have a daughter on one of those teams- and despite the placards going out for next year's tryouts- no one has approached us to discuss refunds. I don't expect them to. they have the money and it is a one way vale. Credits for next year (when we pay them even more) are a best case scenario. And thinking about it, this is the most wildly profitable season they will ever experience (they incurred no travel costs and certainly didn't prepay or get "the hesiman" on all refunds of tournament fees) .

They all talk about character and leadership- but when faced with a choice to do right or wrong, they choose wrong. People with character would have taken the issue head on.They keep your money not having provided a product, simply because they can.

Maybe some club somewhere has dealt with this in a fair and forthright way, but I am unaware of one.