Its about time parents stick up for whats wrong with travel lacrosse, it has become all business and no longer about the children that play. There is a true threat with the Covid cases spiking through out the US and its only a matter of time before Long island gets hit again. Putting our children at risk because travel organizations don't want to refund/credit or save a roster spot for next year is not how business should be done. If you purchase something and it is not what you ordered you bring it back for a refund, the money we spent on our travel programs is a whole new level of expense that alot of us can't afford and these travel organizations have us handcuffed into trying to squeeze a season in. I for one will not let this happen quietly. Covid is real, having youth wear masks and participate in extreme heat in tournament play is going to cause heat stroke and other health issues. I have started contacting the legislature and I implore you to follow. I have named teams that are practicing (Shore to Shore, Legacy, Team 91) and from the feedback I am receiving my concerns are not falling on deaf ears. lets please all do the same and stop this before one of our youngsters gets ill.
contact infobutt.com to start and report any youth practices and locations ASAP
Thank you and hopefully a cure will happen soon and we can resume sports safely