Originally Posted by Anonymous
My club has informed us that they will not be refunding any money, they said it says that there are no refunds in the contract. They have also canceled all away tournaments and are looking to schedule some scrimmages. They state that the tournaments we were supposed to enter do not give refunds. Is this true? Will tournaments not return the money paid by the clubs if the don't go and the tournament is still on? Seems hard to believe! No happy!!

Tournaments probably rolling fees to a later date...how late? who knows. Towns/schools don’t return educational tax dollars when my kids didn’t get the same experience with remote learning so I’m not expecting money back when our year-long club lacrosse service got interupted. Definitely curious to see how the fall/winter plays out....

Okay, hold that thought. So what does one do when a club wants to begin the payment plan rolling again in September. I can't see paying, then hoping we get what we paid for. Better yet, if we agree to come back in September, pay, what are we entitled to?

I'd say any club that is looking for money so early on is showing their greed. If you want to take $100-$200 for the Fall to reserve a roster spot then work out the payment plan at a different date once you can get clarity on what is happening with the money that is in limbo right now.....that is probably the way it should go.
All these clubs made payments to tournaments that haven't returned money because they keep rescheduling. Can't make plans for next season until these tournaments either happen or return money to clubs