My son ('26) plays for a large Club in Western NY and I have been reading this thread and enjoying the banter. The one thing that I keep coming back to is look at the precautions the professional sports leagues are taking to get back to playing ( Quarantine periods, periodic testing, no fans, etc. ) and think to myself what politician is going to say "Yep, all clear, go ahead and have your YOUTH lacrosse tournament". Regardless if the threat of infection is real or a political football, what is the incentive for the people in power to "let them play".

WNY has been virtually unscathed during this pandemic (unlike NYC metro area) and I can't imagine my local politicians allowing us to have a regular, full contact practice this summer much less a tournament. Once Phase 4 rolls out we can get together and run drills but contact? Yeah I am not seeing it.

I want to be wrong but I fear I am not. I would love to have someone explain to me the benefit of a town, county, state allowing for a lacrosse tournament this summer?

Can't wait for the responses...