This is so on point. While I do think that some parents have a legitimate concern about returning to play, I am equally as sure that many parents are upset that their kids club pulled the plug on the season. If your club cancelled the season, or you opted to keep your kid out, there is certainly no reason to troll a lax forum looking to spout your opinion to everybody. While I am letting my son play, it is not for some lax bro culture reason, it's simply because I believe that it is the best thing for him mentally and physically. We, as parents, take all reasonable precautions, and we urge our son to do the same. Moreover, how many parents on this board are knocking those of us with kids that are playing, but their own kid is hanging out with a huge group of kids at the park, beach, etc.. I respect the decision that anybody makes to not play, but please respect my decision as well.[/quote]
Very well said! The one thing I'd love to stress to parents who are letting their kids play and want them to continue to play is follow the rules. I don't care your personal thoughts (or even my own), but if a tourney requires parents wear face coverings, then wear them. If they say no coolers, don't have a cooler on the sidelines. It doesn't matter if you think it is wrong, goes against political ideals or makes no difference, the fact is the more people who follow the rules the more lax our kids will get to play. Don't be afraid to tell other parents on your team to follow the rules...we are all way too old to get any satisfaction from being disobedient just for the sake of it.