Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Believe it. I said, I do not know of any girls who have been "held back". Is it possible that a few have, sure but I've never heard of any. As far as starting later here in MD, if it's true then that's not the fault of the girl. As far as Public vs Private, I cannot answer that. My daughter is a current senior at a public school. She has a friend that is the "star" at McDonogh and that girl was not held back. As far as "producing birth certificates"...that's ridiculous. I think even if a girl is "on age" in your opinion, it would depend on when in the calendar year she was born, wouldn't it?

In soccer, birth certificates are presented to the coach or club director (I forget which) and player cards are assigned and shown to the ref at every game. No card, no play. Soccer plays by birth year, not school year.

This is the first year of birth year for soccer and the mandate goes into effect in August/16

Well, my kids started playing before the new millennium and birth year was how it was done then, so I'm not sure what has changed or what your saying. Or did they change the cut-off date? Is that what you're saying? It used to be August 1.