Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did not see where the poster said anything about her daughter playing top 20 D1 . Reality is there are very few girls period, being recruited to play top 20

Maybe I am a whack job, but is anyone else out there trying to talk their daughter out of playing in college???? my 2019 looks borderline D1, more likely D3. but in either case working your butt off, all the early mornings, workouts, fall tournaments.. I just don't see the value... each your there's what 3 programs (MD, UNC, SU) that have a chance to win it all?? everyone else is playing exhibition lacrosse almost right?

why not enjoy college, get some great grades, make friends beyond the 35 girls on the roster, things like that. gonna be many years of getting up early and going off to work after school, in the real world..

All fair points, we know a handful of 2014's that quit after their freshman year. Most were in tough majors and couldn't handle the workload. None where top D1 though. A few who where considered studs in HS never saw the field in a game. I think a lot depends on the individual and situation. The girls we know where not getting any or little athletic money and felt it just wasn't worth it and were missing out.