Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mass elite?? Obv a parent. Heros and mnd yes. Integrity is also very good. Heros hab yj 8-3 in tourney last year only to end up 9-6. Should be a fun few years now that the girls have lacrosse every day.

What is the estimate of the average age of the MD teams? Bet at least half have birthdays in 2000. They are a year older. If they played true to age, they would not be nearly as "good".

Wrong. That may be the case on the boys side, but for girls it is not. I've been in the game a long time and I do not know even one girl who was "held back".

I have never heard of anyone intentionally holding girls back but I can tell you this is impacting soccer with US soccer moving to calendar year age groups. Will certainly see some changes to many travel clubs and is going to make for an interesting year.

Then you probably don't live in a wealthy Nassau County school district.

Not following you? Please expand on your thought. Are you saying wealthy families are intentionally holding girls back, especially in NC?

I don't know if it happens especially in Nassau County, but our school has several girls who are holdbacks. It's rampant with the boys too . Girls are more fall days but boys born in the summer are held back from starting shook based on age guidelines