Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another YJ 2019 committed today - Daddy will be bragging at the office tomorrow.

And your jealousy is shining through. Be happy for the girl, and her family. Dreams coming true...

I'll second that! I would be bragging too, if I were pretty well done with the recruiting process. Definitely jealous, probably has not gotten a single sniff yet. Any info on which school the YJ girl has committed to?

the sport is broken and the sidelines are toxic

That is your experience and too bad for you and others that have had similar experiences. This however could not be any further from the experience I have had with my girls, all good stuff, and I know many others who feel the same as I do. Misery finds misery.

My daughter is a junior recruited by a mid-ranked D1 program with a very good academic reputation. She experienced some highs and lows in the recruiting process, but in the end is very happy with where she is going, the opportunity she will have there and the athletic money she's receiving. We've also met some really great people and made some good friends through lacrosse. We also met a bad apple or two, but were able to not let that get in the way of her love for playing lacrosse. I have to say that although lacrosse is a team sport, unlike almost every other team sport, it has some aspects that really breed a "me first" mentality which is reflected by the behavior on the sidelines. Notice I didn't say on the field - because that's not where the problem is.

Enjoy the next few years because they really do go by much too quickly.