Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just Curious then please explain all the hold acks on your MD and DC under armour teams . Are they from somewhere else ? Also which YJ team is it that needs to make excuses after losing to MD teams so much ?
Come on, I am a L.I. parent and the Y.J. do make excuses, just look back in any age group or your own thread. In late June it was that you had players in the N.Y. state tournament, then the holdback excuse. But lets be totally honest about the Md. people also, though I do not believe that the girls are being held back at any great rate, they are being drawn from an entire state, as opposed to L.I. and its 2 counties. Now I know that the M.D. parents will say the pull from only a a few mid Md. counties, but those counties include 2 major cities, Baltimore and Washington D.C. so the pool of players is much greater in M.D. the here on the island. T make it really equal we would need to pull from westchester and rockland to get the same number of perspective players. Before any Md. parents start claiming that we get players from NYC, we don't, lax is very small in the city unlike in Baltimore or Washington, as far as I know there are no city players on any L.I. team and no NYC clubs at all.

If you think there are a lot of lacrosse player in Baltimore City or Washington DC I don't know what to tell you. You've obviously not spent much time there if you feel that way.

It is true that probably 95% of the girls on M&D, Skywalkers and Heros are from Baltimore, Howard, Montgomery and Carroll counties. The combined population of those counties is far smaller than the population that the LI clubs draw from.