Originally Posted by Anonymous
East Islip (Long Island for the out of towners) 2019 committed to UNC.

That is sad on so many levels

Good for her! Congratulations to the girl and her parents. I do not think it is sad at all in fact I think it's great!

Do you have any idea of how difficult it is to get into UNC? US News ranks UNC 30!
Do you have any idea of the caliber of athlete UNC recruits?

Why should she wait? What school should she hold out for? If something changes on either side (coach or player) she will have a ton of options. If UNC recruited her I can guarantee that just about every other coach would be happy to have her.

Great Job and I wish this young lady all the best and future success in all that
she does.

Congrats again

First off ,its sad in that everyone including the coaches involved and the parents know that this is too young. Go ahead ask the coaches. Its also sad in that you are going to get a lot of disappointed coaches and kids .Unless some kid is a freak athlete how do the coaches know what these kids will turn into.In this case I know that this early commitment has raised a lot of eye brows of those familiar with the player as UNC has in the recent past taken a pass on very athletic kids (AA caliber) who were highly regarded by both their peers and other coaches.So yes I think overall its sad that this process is so sped up. But yes congrats to this young lady and I hope it works out for her and her future coaches.