Originally Posted by Anonymous
I said it on the 6th grade thread, and I'll say it here. On the girls side, for the first time I can remember, a L.I. Team didn't reach the finals in school girls because of all the parents and coaches using ther club affiliations to to advance the girls they deem worthy. For any parent to come on here and say that there is no politics involved, is the problem, and are usually the same parents you see screaming on the sideline for their kid to go to goal, and care about nothing but there kids stats. This unfortunately poisons their kid. If instead of coming on here pounding your chest about your kids club, and how your kid is more talented then every other kid, you should be encouraging your daughter to try to make the "weaker" kids stronger, no matter which, if f any club they play for. But because of you parents Long Island girls lacrosse as is slipping into mediocrity, and this age group is a major contributor. Yes the other regions got better, but not because they're better athletes, but because they play better lacrosse, not better me-crosse that we have started playing on the island. I said it before when I was a kid I was proud to play on L.I. Not for some greedy club director. What you people don't get why is if yore kid is really one of the best they need no club to get into school, and if your kid is average then the work it takes to get on a college team is the same no matter what club you play for. Congratulations this age group has started the slide into being the lacrosse footnote

Your whole statement shows what a moron you truly are. First its the politics being the reason these teams did not win then its that other regions are better and play a better brand of lacrosse. Could it be that other regions have more kids playing the game than they used to and are actually getting more competitive. Again another moron claiming politics yet please tell us the group that benefitted from these politics.