Originally Posted by Anonymous
Question. And yes there is no "right" answer. But if your daughter could likely see the field at any college lax program in the country, where would you want her to attend?

I know everyone can answer "wherever the best fit is ... wherever she is comfortable ... wherever she'd be happy if lax weren't in the equation etc."

Putting aside those boiler plate answers, pick a school. Would it have the balance of a potential National Championship and great academics, would it have the absolute best academics with likely no/small chance at winning it all? Would it be best lax program bar none? Just curious.

My daughter likely doesn't have this luxury, but I was just curious what people think.

I think I would say Duke, Northwestern ...but then I think, could you really say no to Princeton, Stanford or Harvard? And then I wonder what the awesome experience at a Maryland or UNC must be like for those girls and I go in circles.

What do you say?

I would say it's not your decision...it is your daughters. Visit the school multiple times and have her make the choice. All the schools mentioned are great, but it has to be the right fit for your daughter athletically and more important academically. Let's not forget socially either, the feel and the atmosphere has to feel right for her. She can visit many times before making a decision. Good luck to her!

You're an [lacrosse]. if you think for a minute you have no part in the decision you are wrong. You still paying! It has to be a good fit for the person yes but the poster clearly asks put all of those in a vacuum answers away and give an answer.

STAN UNC DUKE USC (warm weather for us). Notre Dame Any Ivy Lousiville.

3 USC's and a Stanford. Sounds like Cali is on the rise. Interesting that no one has picked Northwestern yet. Is it weather? Or do you think the Amonte magic is gone?

I enjoy a discussion like this much more than the nasty stuff. Anyone with daughters at any of these places? What's the actual experience?

Other programs have caught up and Northwestern has a reputation of only allowing girls to take certain majors and the weather is chilly!