Originally Posted by Anonymous
just did some quick math
Nassau & Suffolk Counties combined is 2.8 million total pop.

The 4 Md. counties (Carroll, Montgomery, Baltimore, Howard) 2.3 million

I find it hard to believe that the Md. clubs are not pulling from Anne Arundel (Annapolis), Harford (bel Air) or Queen Anns (centerville) if added in Md pulling from 3.16 million

Pretty close in numbers though. But remember , just by geographical location L.I. does not pull from any other source because the city pretty much isolates it from every other place on earth, ( if you ever tried to get through it you know what I mean), where kids from the Northern Virginia and other Md. counties could make the drive, and I am sure they do

Very interesting. Here's some more info about the MD counties...most of the players come from Anne Arundel and Howard. Then, the rest...Carroll, Harford...step down to (maybe) Montgomery, Quenn Annes...way down to Baltimore. There just isn't much decent lax played, across the board, in counties other than Anne Arundel and Howard. All you have to do is look at the last 3A/4A public school state champions for the last 10-15 years. I use public schools as my measuring stick because they have to take the kids that are in the district. Tne privates down here can draw from any where...MD, DC and even a few from Northern Virginia. My guess is that the club with the most "reach" is M&D (Maryland & DC). TLC gets a lot of kids from north of Baltimore. CC Lax, Integrity, Md United draw almost exclusively from Anne Arundel. SkyWalkers and Heroes draw mostly from Montgomery and Howard. Capital draws from all of Northern Virginia. There is very little migration to far away club teams down here.

You're an idiot. Most of the top Baltimore County girls go to private schools. Just because Baltimore County publics don't dominate public school lacrosse means nothing.

Yep, I agree. Plus, private schools make it easier. Repeat kindergarten, then repeat 4th and that's how you get a 5'7" girl playing with the 2022s.

You're an idiot too. Girls don't repeat grades. And girls schools don't have prefirst. Keep coming up with excuses.