Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Difficult to believe. Not saying it's untrue, however would be very unlike ND.
In the past, and this year as well, they have wanted at least a semester of grades but really prefer a full year, along with psat/sat, and other info before a consideration would be made. And also pretty consistent that nothing happens until after freshman year.

If it's an offer great, but far too many times in the past people confuse interest with offer or impending offer, etc...
ask the 2018 girls from the YJs who all committed after the September 5th recruit weekend at the beginning of their sophomore year to ND if it is true. I was there, I assure you it is true. Maybe ND changed its approach for recruting 2019s, but based on what they said during that weekend, I doubt it.

I would not be surprised if ND has offered spots to one or two 2019's. The recruiting timeline has changed significantly over the past 18 months. There are a few schools ND being one of them who realize that they were not in the game with the top 2018's. It was not long ago that ND, Duke and others could Identify, track and recruit players as rising 9th graders without having to worry about pulling the trigger. Schools were able to build a pipeline without having to actually make an offer. Now however, coaches have to be ready to commit a kid in the 9th grade or risk falling behind their competition. Remember, not all recruits are created equal. The top programs are all chasing the same players. ND wants to be in the hunt with all of the top programs, they want to be able to land 1 or 2 of the top recruits in the country. If you do not get at least a couple of studs per year you will not be competitive. With other top academic schools willing to commit kids early ND is most likely willing to at least give give a wink.