Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just Curious then please explain all the hold acks on your MD and DC under armour teams . Are they from somewhere else ? Also which YJ team is it that needs to make excuses after losing to MD teams so much ?
Come on, I am a L.I. parent and the Y.J. do make excuses, just look back in any age group or your own thread. In late June it was that you had players in the N.Y. state tournament, then the holdback excuse. But lets be totally honest about the Md. people also, though I do not believe that the girls are being held back at any great rate, they are being drawn from an entire state, as opposed to L.I. and its 2 counties. Now I know that the M.D. parents will say the pull from only a a few mid Md. counties, but those counties include 2 major cities, Baltimore and Washington D.C. so the pool of players is much greater in M.D. the here on the island. T make it really equal we would need to pull from westchester and rockland to get the same number of perspective players. Before any Md. parents start claiming that we get players from NYC, we don't, lax is very small in the city unlike in Baltimore or Washington, as far as I know there are no city players on any L.I. team and no NYC clubs at all.

MD parent here. I agree with a little, but I will do my best to dispel a misconception you guys may have. For the most part, there are no girls from Baltimore or Washington DC who play any significant lacrosse. True, there are quite a few private schools in Baltimore County (outside the city), but all those girls on all those teams are from the surrounding counties (Howard, Anne Arundel, etc...). They are not from Baltimore proper. Same for Washington DC. A few private schools that play some decent lacrosse, but none of the girls who play are from DC. There are only a few good teams in Northern Virginia that even play lax. My guess is that there are more girls in the LI counties who play lax than there are in the MD counties that play. You guys have a larger pool of quality players to choose from. Just my two cents.

Agree w all of this. That is why if you have a daughter who is two or three years old, the argument won't be whether LI is better than Maryland etc, but instead it will be a discussion of longing for the old glory days when California, Florida, Texas etc were just pimples on the collective girl's lax map. It is quaint these LI/MD lax discussions, but is missing the bigger sea change.