I've been involved with the lax recruiting craziness for several years but my little laxer just signed her NLI last week so hopefully I'm done. But, I will offer a little perspective if you will allow me.
For my daughter's club team, I was the person that gave out the flyers to the college coaches. I've done it since the fall of 2013, and I've met and talked to over 100 coaches. I've asked about 100 of them if they knew the score of the game they were watching, because with my duties I couldn't keep track or see the little scores across the field. 99.99% did not know the score. 99.99% of the parents did. The coaches are there to watch the girls they are recruiting, not really the game as a whole. I'm sure they get a "feel" for the score or who is ahead, but it's mostly irrelevant to them. For the most part, parents "get it", and know that the important thing is how the girls play and perform. There are some club's parents out there that seem to live and die with the team's successes or failures (YJ), like it's the superbowl. Everyone wants to win, but as the girls get into the recruiting zone, winning and losing becomes a LOT less important and on-field performance takes precedent (except to YJ).