Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who cares how old your opponent is ? once you get to High school you play against girls of all ages for the rest of your playing career. If it's a tournament championship you seek, go buy your kid a trophy and stop complaining

Um because people get on here and pound their chests about how good such and such team is etc. And if you've got a group of 15 year olds playing a group of 14 year olds, one would hope they would be "better". As a separate issue, as early recruiting has gotten younger and younger, it is starting to bleed into the growth years for these girls. Being a year older in 8th and 9th grade makes a huge difference physically. Not so much later on. These Maryland teams don't pass the eye test on that. They are definitely older. As far the rich people, they don't do it for athletic money, they do it to get their kid into a better school through athletics. Sure beats having to get 1600s and 4.0 in all AP classes right?

This is too funny - my daughter plays on one of those top two Maryland teams and the parents on that team pretty well feel the same way. That there is no need to beat our chests when others talk about us enough. Regarding the ages of the girls whether held back or not - that advantage seems to wane after 8th grade. Besides - when a 9th grader is on the varsity squad - I don't think she is concerned about how old that 12th grader is coming up on her 6.

Please ... the advantage doesn't wane in 8th grade. By that logic, since all age advantage goes away in 9th grade, a high school team should beat a college team, a typical freshman in high school will have no physical disadvantage to a senior etc. Stop trying to justify it. Lets go to age-based divisions in club lax, just like other sports have done. Thank you.

I think you are missing their point and forgetting about the extra four years of experience and skills development that a college player has over a high school player. And since you did bring it up - I think that McDonogh can probably beat quite a few of the college teams out there.