You guys are all nuts or I am. Ok I am, I know. If you want to win and have a serious team with a good experience you need to do the extras. You do it for your son and his friends who have become an extension of your family. You do it so they have the experience of their lives. So what if a coach gets a little extra scratch, do you think he should just volunteer his time. Now you may say everyone cant pay them. Sure, but we know who those are and it takes a village and it takes sacrifices. You are only as good as you surround yourself with.

I know I am partially nuts. I was willing as a parent to do what I could to help the team. But the administration coaches and parents talked a big game but when push came to shove no one really wanted to do anything extra.

So what happens the better kids leave, or the parents with the means leave. You complains that district make you do things extra, well yes if you want to be a serious team you should want to do the extra, if not I guess you are okay with mediocrity!

(I am not saying people don't take advantage of situations but it takes a village of parents coaches and administration working for a common goal. Everyone knowing their role because each does have a role to play)