Originally Posted by Anonymous
just think about how many times you hear a coach yell during a game "go to goal so & so"..that tells you all you need to know about PAL coaches...usually its the coaches son/daughter doing the yelling too....other kids figure why bother..

I have a gripe with the parents that are constantly criticizing PAL coaches. It's a thankless job. Nobody steps up to volunteer but then everyone comes out of the woodwork and bashes the coach. I'm sorry but if the coach's kid is one of the better players, then he/she is going to play more. Maybe learn how to play the game and coach it yourselves next time around

I agree. It bothers me how the term "daddy coach" is used disparagingly around here. Step up and coach, show the "daddy coaches" how it's done. You're already "coaching" from the sidelines anyway. Seems like the sidelines are filled with armchair coaches who are good at criticizing but incapable of taking action.

Yeah- Frankly, even if their kid plays more than they should, they are spending their free time for a thankless/blame-laden job. If their kid gets some extra minutes of field time- fine with me.

The fact that PAL teams are dwindling isn't a good thing at all by the way regardless of the reasons for it.