Originally Posted by Anonymous
On a recommendation from a friend, I reached out to the Sayville varsity coach to train my daughter. Met with him and he told me he simply didn't have the time to work with her. He spent the next two hours teaching me how to work with her. On an 85 degree June day in the midday sun. Two hours and then he wouldn't take a dime from me. Just wished us luck and to reach out to him if I had any questions.

I see him at tournaments, he checks in to see how she's doing. We don't live in Sayville. My daughter will never play for him. She may well one day play against him. Thats not somebody who's in it for the money. That's somebody who's a good person, loves kids and loves lacrosse. He's a class act.

That's a very touching, but completely irrelevant story. I don't think the town was ever stated, so I don't want to make assumptions that it was Sayville. The fact that he takes money from parents in the town, when he told others that he won't train girls from the town, and then moved them up to varsity way earlier than has ever been done before is the issue. And it leaves a bad taste in a lot of mouths. Many will be out to pull his ticket.
seems as though the girls did well with the extra coaching to me and deserved to move up. Who cares if it was unprecedented. What is irrelevant is the fact that he was paid to coach up players on his personal time. YOU and others are making it relevant because it better serves your agenda. Coaches are entitled to do whatever they want on their fee time. They can't win. I am sick of people trying to disgrace great coaches to serve some personal agenda. I am sure that if it were your child that got bumped up to varsity your would be singing a different tune. You should think before posting anonymous posts. Good people get hurt by slanderous accusations such as these. If you want to try to disgrace someone don't be a coward and sign your name. I bet we would find that your child's playing time or position is somehow threatened in some way.

Another tough guy telling people to sign their name . I noticed that you didn't identify yourself. Go away [lacrosse].