I never said the parents or coaches of high voltage were bad people or bad coaches, I just said they were self serving. As you emphasize in you first few sentences, "the best interest of their children".

I am not a board member, but have been a supporter of Three Village and Ward Melville for a long time. I have had sons come thru the program and two of them went on to play D1. Not that this makes me an expert, but you don't see value for WMHS in keeping the kids together?

I have never seen your team play, but it's a bit disturbing that you define your coaching ability by the wins you listed. Anybody that takes the better 3V kids and sprinkles in a few other good kids from other towns should win his fare share of games at that level. I am not implying that you have bad coaches, just stating an obvious point. My question would be are you developing any kids that are raw athletes that could be future studs for WMHS?

I do know a few of the individuals on the board and believe that the board has interests of helping WMHS be successful, not just their own kid. I am sure there are bad apples on the board and things have happened in the past that were not fair. You will see this in any youth organization, and especially as you run the gauntlet of club organizations. But their policy of not to play out, and recent enforcement of this policy on an actual board members son, who by the way may be the best goalie on LI in his age group and developed within the 3V program, says a lot.

And by the way.....this is not the first time this has happened. In the recent past, when the club teams were truly elite teams and not watered down cash checking machines, coach Cuozzo, then Hoppy to a lesser extent, got involved and kept the kids together.

Case in point, the '13 team had quite a few kids that could have played on some of the best club teams at that time, but they stuck together and it seemed to work out for all.

The landscape of lacrosse is changing, and fear, the me-me-me generation, and greed are killing the youth organizations that provide the opportunity for kids to develop and learn the game.

While you guys running High Voltage maybe well intentioned good guys. It does appear that you solely have the best interest of your kid at heart and not the greater 3V lacrosse community.

FYI - Some of the best times my boys had was playing in the in-house league. Tons of fun, no politics. it's a shame that parents today feel their kid is too good to play in that league.