Originally Posted by Anonymous
Three Village a joke? Their 2023 & 2022 teams were some of the best and well coached in the age group last season, club or PAL. Regarding the board, I believe they are truly trying to do what's best for Ward Melville. I would agree that the board member you are referring was a self serving a.., but the board did the right thing and asked him to step down and when he asked if his son could play for both 3v and the club team the board said no....upholding their decision to not let the "A" team kids play out. From what I have seen, BK is one of the best guys around the game and most of the board members are just trying to do what's best for WM.

With that said, its a shame to see what 3v parents are doing to the league. The disgruntled 2024 parents/ coaches are as self serving as the 3v board member. These same guys could have helped developed kids within the 3v program that would have ultimately feed WMHS, but instead choose to be self serving and created High Voltage, which is a " hybrid" team of the better 3v kids and a few kids from other towns so their own kids could play out and get a scholarship out of third grade!?!?

Who's the joke?

Three Village has it right for the most part....Most towns wish they had what we have...stop being a hater and get a clue.

Last I checked, just because a kid plays for a club team doesn't mean that they aren't going to play for their high school.

The coaching staff of High Voltage and 2024 parents are all good people who have the best interests of their children at heart. High Voltage has not once come out and talked poorly of the Three Village program to it's parents or players. In fact, we urged our parents to go to their meeting and then make an informed decision on what would be a better fit for their child. Most, if not all, 2024 parents chose to come to High Voltage and that alone speaks volumes about the current state of the Three Village Lacrosse league.

High Voltage finished it's summer campaign by winning the LI Lax Clash 3rd Grade A Bracket and went undefeated at Greenport vs. ESM, Bayport, and Sachem. They also won the Blatant Indoor Winter League Championship for 3rd grade. The coaches must be doing something right.

The bottom line is this: if Three Village lacrosse was providing what our parents and children expected of a youth program, our kids would still be playing there. Their policy of not being allowed to play on a club team and a Three Village A Travel team has destroyed the league. Especially, when this rule is "selectively" enforced to allow current and past board members to do both but not the general membership. They also choose to MANDATE that in addition to your travel practice and weekly game that your child has to have ANOTHER IN-HOUSE practice AND IN-HOUSE GAME. 4 days of lacrosse.

As far as kids getting scholarships in 3rd grade...stop. It's all just cheap shots because our team has experienced the success that your league could not provide for our kids.

The landscape of the lacrosse world has changed. It's as simple as the concept of natural selection: Evolve with the times or die...