Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by anonomous
Amen...this s/b required reading by ALL folks on not only this site, but to anyone ever thinking about having their child play travel lacrosse.
What never seems to get out to folks is the fact that even at a "big time', D1 program, the money that gets doled out to a lacrosse proghram is not that much. Not to mention there are 30+ kids to split whatever dollar amount that program gets. So...if you saved the 2k+ every year for the next 5/6 years, it would prob be more than whatever your child would get in college...

I have posted on other boards similar messages to what I am going to reply to you. Many many kids go to sleep away camp every summer at cost many times what travel lacrosse costs us, a one week family vacation or cruise would cost more then a whole summer of lacrosse, - we choose to spend our money and vacation time with our kids and have a great time doing it, my dad would have loved to spend every second of his weekends with me and my brothers on long road trips to exotic places and get to watch us play lacrosse, My wife and I are loving the experience and treasuring the time we get to spend with your kids "on the road" and would not trade it for a trip to Hawaii every year......it is not about ROI it is about investing your time and money into your children

I would love to know what program because I agree that time with the kids is great but sharing a sideline and hotel with most travel parents makes your skin crawl. If you come out of it with 1 or 2 other families on a team of 25 that you like, trust, respect and would like to associate with after lacrosse you did great. Most are there just for their kids - team and teammates be damned!