Originally Posted by Anonymous
us lax is gutless and the tournaments and clubs are in it just for the cash. This has been going on for years. kids playing down, holdbacks etc.

Whatever these clubs and tournaments need to do to cash in.

Go like soccer, every kid has a player card with a photo END OF STORY. Change would be easy but the clubs who control the game don't want it

Socccer had big issues with cheating, roster changes, , etc years ago...They cleaned it up with a simple player card with photo...So simple and administered by US Soccer.. I have very very rarely ever heard a parent say anything in Soccer close to what is said about players and grades, age in Lacrosse..Lacrosse is out of control in many tournaments and leagues....USL could easily do this??? Why not?? Gutless is all I can tell...

Roster changing in lacrosse isn't wrong. It isn't a clear league to maintain such a roster there are individual tournaments each week.

The only need for verification is for age range

I think the point is that roster changing shouldn't be allowed. You build a team for the summer season and you should ride that team.

Yes, tournaments are single events but the nature of swapping out half the team each tournament is a little sketchy.

Some sort of guideline/rule/whatever you want to call it..... Teams lock down 1 roster with a max of about 25-30 kids (which would give plenty of room for any necessary guest players) by around April 1. If a kid isn't on that list, they should not be allowed to play in any tournament for that club.

You here of this practice all of the time with the boys teams. Why on earth would you keep your kid on a team that takes your money but brings in kids whenever they want and add them to the team to win a tournament? If this ever happened on my daughters team we would immediately start looking for another program to play on.