Originally Posted by Anonymous
u
Let's not generalize with any high school coach....
GC, WM, Manhasset, SW, SE all coaches that have equal or better recruitment for their kids than the club programs

College coaches will listen to those guys over any club coach or director - they will actually lean on those guys more than they do the club guys during the recruiting process

Well,most of those kids got recruited from their clubs. Those coaches were blessed with talent and didn't hesitate to take the credit for it! I know first hand, being from one of those programs.

Yes, most of the top clubs are filled with those particular towns you just mentioned. How about the several hundred other towns? You won't get it from your high school coach. Trust me.

And who do you think the first call goes to after the college coach talks to the club team coach? I can guarantee its the high school coach. Recruiting is about more than just lacrosse ability. It also involves academics. No college coach wants to make a commitment to a kid that will not be able to handle the school academically and will be gone after one year. The club coach cannot vouch for what type of student he is, only the high school coach can give that information.

your first sentence proves my point. And transcripts speak for themselves. You need the club exposure. Its just the way it is. Not every kid will make it because the sport is flooded. Be realistic about your chances. It is a business first. Welcome to America. Not everyone gets a trophy in real life.