Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So what if you have two players who play for the same HS. Player 1 plays for a club outside of town, developes into a great player and gets recruited to play divI. Player 2 stays with the HS coach and plays for their in town club, developes into a good player but doesn't get recruited. Now the HS season rolls around and player 2 is playing over player 1. If both players had the same opportunities to get recruited, it's natural to conclude player 2 is playing because they stuck with/ paid the HS coach through the club. That scenario happens every year and is a conflict anyway you cut it.

I believe in a few things... Just because you think something to be so, doesn't mean it is. and if it looks, smells, and taste like something it generally is... but a rose with any other name will still smell as sweet. finding the balance between that is a the secret.

I was one of the biggest "Bloggers" about not everyone is inherently evil and you cant just ban something because you think impropriety can take place. You cant say something bad was done just because the opportunity existed. Go back to the Brady Bunch or icarly... dont judge a book by its cover and don't jump to a conclusions!!

I wished my town coaches offered more or did training. I wished my children's' teachers did tutor (the ones I liked). I would have paid top dollar for that, making sure they progressed over the entire grade not just their class... keeping a sharp eye out for any funny business.

I never said the other side, you know when you feel you got slighted. I did say as a parent you need to step up and do what is best for your son/daughter. I also believe (especially when it comes to our children's abilities) we look at things through rose colored glasses, many times we need to step back and take an honest look.

If the players are close in ability, then the club helped get your child noticed by colleges (good on you), but that does not make him/her any better than the other child. If close in ability, that other child will have the upper hand seeing the field in HS, the townHS coach knows the other player more. I have no problem with that. You choose Club which helped you for college, they choose the HS which is leading to more field time.

Now if the players are not close in ability it will been seen by all not just some. You will not have to say a thing but listen to the crowd when the player is in over your child. We have all seen players that we think are better than another get less time. Why, will anyone ever know. Maybe the coach just likes them better... maybe it is attitude maybe it is those intangibles you cant measure... or maybe the parent works in the school district and/or helped the youth program.

No one can tell you when to step up. If you have a good coach he will listen to a rational conversation not an emotional one. if you have a good team and captains you wont have to step up. If you don't have either that just sucks! Me, I say time will tell, give it at least a game or two to prove out. Preseason is not the time for that, it is how you finish!!

sorry you feel this way already especially since season hasn't even started yet.

You miss the point completely.

Coaches running a for profit business and coercing players (parents) to pay to play for them is wrong.