Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Three Village a joke? Their 2023 & 2022 teams were some of the best and well coached in the age group last season, club or PAL. Regarding the board, I believe they are truly trying to do what's best for Ward Melville. I would agree that the board member you are referring was a self serving a.., but the board did the right thing and asked him to step down and when he asked if his son could play for both 3v and the club team the board said no....upholding their decision to not let the "A" team kids play out. From what I have seen, BK is one of the best guys around the game and most of the board members are just trying to do what's best for WM.

With that said, its a shame to see what 3v parents are doing to the league. The disgruntled 2024 parents/ coaches are as self serving as the 3v board member. These same guys could have helped developed kids within the 3v program that would have ultimately feed WMHS, but instead choose to be self serving and created High Voltage, which is a " hybrid" team of the better 3v kids and a few kids from other towns so their own kids could play out and get a scholarship out of third grade!?!?

Who's the joke?

Three Village has it right for the most part....Most towns wish they had what we have...stop being a hater and get a clue.

You're kidding me right? 5th and 6th grade. Come back in a few years...the recruiting years... when your town team is getting spanked and overlooked because you drank too much of the 3v cool aid. Then you play patriot elite and attend recruiting tournaments that have less than a dozen coaches trying to watch games on 10 different fields. It is all a joke. Your best investment is with the top club teams if you can get on their top 2 teams. Take it from someone who has been through the system, not a hater, also believed until went through it.

This says it all right here, and I quote,
"Your best investment is with the top club teams IF YOU CAN GET ON THEIR TOP 2 TEAMS."
That's all the club teams care about, promoting their top teams to pad their stats to get more naive parents like you to shell out thousands of dollars to them.
The high school coach will help EVERYONE on their team find a place to play if they want to play, from the best D1 players to a kid that is not that good but loves the game and will play for a college club team just to keep playing.
The problem coming down the road is that their are so many club teams now that the talent on each team is getting watered down as they all poach from each other.
College coaches can't be everywhere and can't see everyone.
In the past when the clubs were truly for the elite players it was easy for coaches to watch a game and see 5-10 true blue chip D1 prospects on the field at the same time. That time is past already. Watch the best club teams play today and you may see one or two true D1 can't miss prospects playing each other.
The tide will turn and colleges will go back to recruiting through the high schools again.
And don't even get me started on early recruiting. How many boys that verbally commit in 8th, 9th or even 10th grade actually finish their college years at the school they initially commited to??????
At that age they are committing to a name not even knowing what they want to study in collge or if that school will be a good fit for them later on.