Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just came back from the Girls U15 National Championships in Indiana. Definitely regretting having made the trip. Numbers of teams in competition is way down. It is ridiculous US Lacrosse even has a U13 and U14 competition with about 7 teams in them. Can't call this a National Championship.

On top of that the sportsmanship (or lack of) displayed by the coaches and parents of the YJs was despicable. They clearly were the top teams at that competition, but the lack of class exhibited by coaching and parents was incomprehensible. Beating teams by 10-15+ scores with players going to trick shots and yet parents and coaches still complaining about every call and non-call. It is unfortunate that CR has such a stake in US Lacrosse because everyone is afraid to call her out on her out on the lack of sportsmanship she breeds in her club. The main principle US Lacrosse would like to uphold in this sport Yellow Jackets are the biggest offenders of.

Without a doubt they are one of the top clubs in the country within girls lacrosse, but they should learn to act like it!

Two YJ teams outscored their opponents 125 - 15 and won multiple games by over 22 goals I think the worst was 25-1 and 23-0
GIVE ME A F-IN BREAK. Classless bad people from top to bottom. Directors, coaches & parents. Not sure if you can blame the kids even though they know better when their coach and parents keep telling them to go to the cage.

You act like this behavior from them isn't normal. We are talking Long Island, people. The most classless group of parents and coaches. Talented group of girls, I give them that. But they are overshadowed by the sideline behaviors of those who are supposed to be cheering them on. It's gross behavior any way you look at it. And God help the teams that DO beat them. When the LI parents turn on the players, it's disgusting. I have been on the sidelines for years with them, watching their behavior. Nothing has changed, no matter the age group.

I think you have grossly misstated by grouping "Long Island" teams together, please keep it specific to YJ. I have been on the sidelines for 10+ years now and yes, there are NJ, PA, CT, MA and MD parents and coaches who don't act so eloquently on the side line. What is consistent is the deplorable behavior from the YJ teams and sidelines. My daughters have played against many Long Island teams that are respectable, there for the competitiveness and exhibit good sportsmanship. Don't make this a Long Island vs. whoever post. It is one specific club that are the repeat offenders over and over again.