Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well, as I said, trying to take the high road and give the benefit of the doubt to the coaches who evaluated the tryout, but with all the Manhasset helmets that were there, gotta think something else was in the works despite the tryout itself...hearing that all the other ages had a similar look confirms it...looks like they are turning their backs on the Catholic school boys, padding their team with publics because they have been blackballed at Chaminade ( we can only assume since the Express relationship carries to all the Catholics' coaches, so might the ban... ) Cutting their loses early before players are told to by HS coaches...good business decision,..crappy thing to do to kids who are in their recruitment years! (never mind their innocent younger siblings). Basically shot them in the foot by not being upfront about this move, allowing the parents and kids the ability to chose another organizations tryout...Express and 91 were same night, so these kids now have limited ability to play on higher exposure teams...Wow, gotta hand it to you, had me fooled, believed you were about the kids first, that's what you professed, what you said set you apart... still think handing out disapline for the summer tourney fiasco was proper, I agreed with principle not the severity of the disapline...still defend the stand taken, that a commitment is a commitment...however, this late reversal of moral fiber in favor of future monetary stability is sorrowful...pandering to certain schools, padding the team with kids who didn't even come to the tryout, thought you were above that nonsense...I think you can piece together which team...
Isn't it just possible that the kids selected were just better?