Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There is a rumor abounding at this years tryouts that a Chaminade coach is instructing his 2018 players to avoid playing for certain travel teams...I'm guessing any travel team that isn't Express or poses any kinda talent drain to Express. My kid plays for neither, but parents if this is true, what the &$@!, it's time to stop the nonsense and push back ...who makes these decisions, you or the coach...so many are afraid of blowing there kids chances by pissing off the coach...what have we come to...these guys can suck your wallet dry with their travel team associations AND determine your kids future for you...? where is the loyalty, they get to make you break ties with teams who taught your kid to play the game? this sucks and we give them this power by knuckling under...anybody hear this same rumor. What do you feel about it?

There's been a rumor floating around that the coach of the Northport girl's lacrosse program directs the girls towards a particular travel program. Are these rumors accurate? Has anyone else heard similar?
Also on the same subject - I've heard buddies of mine down in Maryland say the same thing about the McDonogh girls program and the coach there directing the players towards a particular travel club program. I wonder if all these rumors are true...

Your referencing the two best travel programs in the nation, hands down, and the best school program in the nation, hands down. A bigger problem is when HS coaches are involved with crappy clubs, and players are forced to give up good clubs to go play for some half assed money making scheme the coach puts together.