Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok so teachers tutoring is an issue also. People get a life. Sometimes you just need to relax. It's mommy and daddys like the ones above that have made youth sports on Long Island horrible. Stop watch watching, everyone gets a trophy, crybabies. Wah wah wah. No wonder there are so many self entitled brats running around. You have created these little monsters.

Yeah, what's the big deal? I would love it if a couple of the math teachers in our district got together and started a tutoring business. It would be even better if they marketed their business exclusively to the students who are in their classes. Better still if they were able to create the perception that not paying to take part in their program would be frowned upon by the teachers. Parents could line up to pay. Who cares if the parents are holding their nose as they write the checks? Most of the parents can afford it and they will view it as the cost of doing business. What a great business model. No need to compete for business just have the parents believe that paying for the service will be appreciated by the teachers.

And so we continue to pay.

I would happily pay to have the teachers my son has tutor him on the side. But only if they do not tutor all of them. Because Then the teacher could be holding back in the school classroom - that's would be wrong. What I want is the extra!!! The extra that will get my kid ahead.

Be it his teacher who knows him and knows where she will be directing her lessons or another tutor who knows him and the direction of the subject... I don't care, let me chose don't tell me the best option for my child is no long an option. Who do you think you are to tell me what to do with my kid!!!

Wow. You're not very bright. There is an obvious conflict of interest. In the teacher/tutor example, are the tutored kids being given preferential grades because the parents are paying the teacher? Are the kids who aren't paying to be tutored given worse grades/less class time attention, after school attention. Pay to play ... Pay to get a good grade etc. If you can't see the problem with it, you are dense.

That is precisely the issue. If the coach doesn't play these girls, the parents may feel like the training isn't working and stop. You know coach is counting on that training money and doesn't want the stream to end, especially when he'll have them for another 6 Varsity seasons. They will pay him. He will make sure they play to continue the flow of cash to his pocket.

wy does it all have to be inherently evil.

Why cant a teacher tutor a student to help them catch up or get ahead. Doesn't mean the test will be graded softer.