The 2016 Boys Youth Rules was announced by USL today.

I guess all the chatter about age vs grade really wasn't touched and its still a two year span U9-11-13-15, with the Aug 31 cut off date. Looks like the choice was to not modify the rules or mention a governing body that will monitor age appropriate play. No proverbial hammer came down. Someone please correct me, I'd like to be wrong.

- The hotspot towns will continue to kindergarten redshirt and deny.
- The wealthy private school families will continue to kindergarten redshirt and holdback in 8th grade and deny.
- The über wealthy private school families will continue to kindergarten redshirt, holdback in 8th grade, and PG a year and deny.
- The middle income public school families will have on age/grade players who are extremely talented kids because they are tough and play up. But they will get shafted for the college recruiting scene because the colleges will continue to rake in the money from the wealthy families for notoriety. For middle income families, Honoring the Game will become Resent the Game and a big ole flip of the bird.

As the Talking Heads once said, 'same as it ever was'.

Meanwhile, WSYL will gain ground with their even older age requirements and the double holdbacks win on ESPN, and USL won't know why it happened.

Something tells me the people running the industry are those who took advantage to begin with.

Keep growing it!