Originally Posted by Anonymous
Couple of issues
Team 91 was very impressive down in Florida. I thought there were new players but was informed same kids just all have grown a lot (as have most kids/teams this age). I guess because they’ve always been a “small” team but now they’re not and physical, it happens !!

Typical of holdback parents, they didn't - exactly - lie to you. We'll see what 91MD does at the 2026 level, but certainly in the years ranging where MM's sons played (2022 - then held back to 2023- through 2025), he has fielded pretty talented teams at the HS level.

I have no doubt that many of the 2026ers have been together for several years, though likely as the lower half of the 2025 91 roster that didn't receive playing time and took MM's advice to reclass to "stay elite." And hey, he is correct on that. High level D1 and especially Ivy League are targeting the biggest, strongest kids these days. I don't know why, but it's the trend. Look at the USL magazine article about the 6'5" Penn middie from Oregon....

2026 91MD will be worse as they had 4 kids hold back before reaching high school and are now on 2027.

And why wouldn't you want bigger, faster and stronger. Now that the football numbers have started to flush out, those kids who used to play football have now switched to other sports, with lacrosse being the benefactor. You can see it with guys like Ament and Adler. Best of the best but at all of 5'9 and 170, they are prone to injury going against bigger players play after play. I can't understand why any coach wouldn't look at his high school freshman players and figure out who is going to be the biggest and strongest come their senior year and give them more reps and playing time. That 5'5" freshman whose dad is 5'7" and scored a bunch of goals in hoco may not be the kid to concentrate on when you have a 5'11" kid trying out whose dad is 6'3".

Lies… spoken like the true character-challenged holdback parents that you are. My kid is a public school kid and non holdback and 5’9” and going to an elite school with an elite lacrosse program at no charge. Know what else, several kids on his club team, which are all on age public school kids got similar deals. Didn’t need to “buy” my kid an opportunity via prep schools tuitions or resort to unethical practices like playing down a year or two, either. Yeah, nobody is talking endlessly about me behind my back saying what a lowlife cheat I am for having my kid only play younger kids. Yeah that must tough knowing everyone hates you. It’s nice to know that my son played on a team for 10 years and never had a single holdback and was the best team at his grade almost every year that the rankings exist, to include the current one. That’s right. Best team in the country and not a single holdback. Ever. Chew on that got a little while, you holdback parents. Cheating isn’t the only way to get ahead. Sometimes all you got to do is WORK GOR IT! Great lesson for you kid too. Sure beats the lesson that you are teaching.