Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fogo wasn’t there but all other impact players were including their MVP middie from the World Series. Just shows that you can’t be overly reliant on one player. I think that Express’ only 3 losses this year were when they were without the fogo.

The lost almost every faceoff and still only lost by one. He's obviously a difference maker, but I don't think they're panicking.

Good point.

I highly doubt the Towermen team was the same team that played at the WS. I’m sure this version included the assortment of holdbacks that played with them at the NAL.

Towermen parent here to clear the air. The three players who were ineligible for the WS all have August birthdays and missed the age cutoff by 3 weeks or less. One missed by three days. No holdbacks. No 14 year olds. All going into 8th grade and are all 2026 grads.

They are holdbacks/reclass/prefirst or whatever you want to call them. All three are 13 when they start 8th grade,,,Everyone on age turns 13 in 8th grade.

No sure why you make a point of calling calling them " no holdbacks". They are. Not a big deal, but call it what it is, yes they have a late Birthday in August like 1/12 of all 8th graders. All these August Birthdays have to play against players older than them, But not these holdbacks, Now they are the oldest in youth lacrosse playing down, LOL.. What a country.

Even you are confused. You mean everyone turns 14 in 8th grade. August birthdays do not have a significant advantage over kids born in Sept, Oct, or Nov. A few weeks older doesn’t translate into superior dominance in a sport.