Originally Posted by Anonymous
[

I have been coaching 2026 since the boys were in the 3rd grade. The next rosyer check I see will be the first. Last year during playoffs, our parents saw kids getting jerseys in the parking lot.

Have faith. In 2021, in the 2028s semifinal (A ball), the HoCo Black coach requested a roster check before the game. 5 kids from True were found to not be on the True roster, were required to leave the field, and True got crushed by the #6 team in A ball lol.

My Son's team got a roster check by the opposing coach (HOCO pink) immediately after the game was over. We won the game, shocker. One of our players forgot his game jersey and borrowed a teammate's practice jersey for the game, so the opposing coach was suspicious. The ref did the roster check and we were cleared of any wrongdoing.

I'm not sure what the mod on here has a problem with, but there is a second part to this post......

The best part was watching the coach have to pay the ref the $50 protest fee in the parking lot as we were leaving.

Is there actually a fee to ask for a roster check?

There's a fee for roster check and a fee for challenging a game. It's especially tricky in playoffs, as you have only a few hours (on a saturday) to submit a written complaint and $50 cash to the HoCo Parks and Rec office which is obviously closed on Saturday. During the regular season, you can challenge a game or score as late as the next monday I believe.