Originally Posted by Anonymous
For WSYL, parents had to submit birth certificates, proof of residency (report card or school identification card from current academic year & valid parent Driver’s License), and verification of health insurance accepted in the United States.

How is the graduation year even verified in leagues or tournaments? Who verifies players are in the grade (graduation year) the teams say they are?

Are holdbacks really held back in school? Or just held back in the lacrosse organization? Not good enough to play on the 2025 team, then we'll have you play on the 2026!

I would think so. If not, and they are really in 8th grade now, they wont be able to play club lacrosse next year while they are on their freshman team in HS.

The WS needs to require a photo ID and check in registered players at the main event. Rumor has it there were a number of kids playing this past weekend that are too old for the 13U age group. They eligible kids or siblings names/birthdates for the roster.

Anyone with decent photos photoshop skills could have circumvented the verification process for this tournament. There were people that did it....fact

Unless it was YOU. No one did that. Good job attempting to stir a pot.

I don't know about this but there was a player who is a key player for his team but is too old to play in the event and made the trip to cheer his team on which is nice. On Sunday he appeared on the field for the consolation rounds. It was not to let him be a part of the experience. I don't know how his parents and he felt about this but they went threw with it so in the end they knew they were cheating even if the team no longer had a shot of qualifying.

All you have to do is name the team. If you are that outraged, naming the team will trigger a response - good or bad. Who knows, maybe both teams agreed to it.