Originally Posted by Anonymous
MD Roughriders 26 is not a good team and yes the three coaches are dads. The reality is they have talent but coaches are looking or living through their own kids And are trying to make their kids D1 players. If the coaches were not not dads they may be able to compete in the Elite league. My son was on this team and they don’t know what they are doing. Shame on Corrigan

RR is an on age team, coached by a dad who played D1 lacrosse, who like to play better teams to get better, we have never played down. Nothing wrong with any of that. The team and parents have never pretended to be something they aren’t. It is a great 7th grade team with great families who are living in the moment and not concerned about college yet. Clearly that wasn’t working for you, glad you are gone. Have a nice day.

Ha Ha didn’t deny daddy ball.
Ha ha? What are you, 12? “Coached by a dad” was written. Again, so glad you are gone, try to move on.
Not all dad coaches are bad coaches.

I agree some dad coaches are great coaches. A good dad coach does not favor their kids or assistants kids at detriment of developing team A great coach looks beyond own biases and needs to not only trust his kid but recognize how the other team members can handle game time situations bettter. A great coach must think team first not coaches kids first. As a coach this is something I continually evaluate as I plan for each game and is a bias I improve upon each day.