Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can’t compete against kids their own age in school or sports. But go ahead and pound your chest about some 15-16 year olds on a 2026 team.

Nope my son is 14 and has a birthday in the Fall. I am just tired on the whining parent like you who have nothing better to do than make excuses. Life ain't fair; tell you son or daughter to work harder and be an example instead of an excuse!!

This is not about hard work! It’s about work smarter not harder in the holdback parent eyes. They are trying to outsmart the game by getting advantages early by holding back kids at young ages! That’s not working harder! “Life ain’t fair” , but the USA lacrosse organization and adults teaching young kids ethics should try better to make it more fair when the kids are young and developing!!! Or, should we teach our kids young to look for and work the advantages in the system to “work smarter” not harder! What are we teaching our kids!?!? Basically, you can buy advantages in life and “life ain’t fair” !? Let’s keep that mentality out of youth sports! Elitist!!!!

You completely missed my point!! I am not justifying the holdbacks but it is not going to change anytime soon. So the kids on age can do two things; whine and makes excuses like you and the other parents, or have them work harder. My son has chosen the later.

Nope, He got your point like all common sense people do, you justified the holdbacks at youth. There is no justification for having certain kids get an advantage over other children ( with same exact Birthdays) at the youth level.

High School is High School and grade is what it is, and puberty has kicked in to somewhat even things out, but even High School limit the age ( cant be over 19) no matter what grade you are in. With the excuse of holdback justification, why limit age to 19 ? Lets just go by grade and let the chips fall where they do as the holdback apologists want at youth. Of course that wont happen as you would have 20/21 year old HS players, seems a little unfair ? LOL