Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Relax everyone, all of this has already been reviewed by WSYL and all the teams registered have been approved and there are no issues. The only thing they really care about is age and location.

I have no time to relax! I'm busy buying all the grapes to make sure they're nice and sour by the time Johnny loses!

In all seriousness though, the reason for the rule against creating all-star teams is to eliminate adults manipulating and screwing with the pure joy of sports and being on a team. This isn't DI lacrosse. These are supposed to be kids having fun being together and playing a game, win or lose.

As a dad on a team playing straight up, there's a very good chance my son wouldn't make an all-star team if our coach decided to go that win at all costs route. He'd get over it (and probably look for another team after the summer), but that doesn't seem to be what the WSYL is about.

Good luck to Madlax and VLC. There's a long history of "superteams" in sports falling short because they're filled with hired guns. Maybe one can pull it out and make it seem worth it.