Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's good to see parents getting mad.

Crabs 26, holdbacks, play downs, and everything Madlax does to cheat every chance they get are what is wrong with lacrosse. It's disgusting. In just the past 5 years, I've seen Madlax get caught cheating 3 times in various tournaments.

It's all nothing more than cheating...sanctioned or otherwise.

Lacrosse needs to go the way hockey, soccer and just about every other competitive sport does and go calendar year with identification cards that are used to verify rosters before every game.

And if lacrosse is determined to stay grade based then at least require players to show proof of grade.

You think that there are HS freshmen playing on8th grade travel teams?

Edge from Canada had several teams just like this. Parents didnt hide the fact they were. They said whats the big deal. The rest of the teams they are playing against are loaded with holdbacks? They intend to do a PG or holdback and switch to another school ( private)

Yes, I have noticed that the GA and VA teams our boys have played against, both the players and parents had no shame openly talking about their sons being 1-2 years older because basically "our coach said it was fine." When you combine this issue with a 2 year age bracket at a tourney is where I worry though. You could have a small 13 year old playing against a mix of 14/15/16 year olds with very sketchy officiating. Someone could (and probably has been) seriously injured due to these mismatches.

Please tell us what happens when little Timmy gets to high school and is playing against juniors and seniors. Go to the AD and principal and tell them its not fair. Do you want a participation trophy? Life is never fair. Someone always will be bigger stronger and faster. So have you kid work harder, train in the off-season, and stop complaining

When I was a kid, there was a word for kids whose parents arranged for them to play down. I bet that little Timmy and his friends use that same word when they talk about your son!